Thursday, December 9, 2010

Foodie Blog

The first time i decided i wanted to start a blog was after reading Julie and Julia, the story of Julie writing a blog about cooking every recipe from Julia Childs cookbook in 365 days. Was a very inspiring read and a great movie too! This was around this time last year so one of my 2010 new years goals was to work my way through one of the AWW cookbooks. Unfortunately i didnt get to far in this goal as i had a very sick pregnancy and heaven forbid i would have to cook- yuck the thought of food made me ill! Imade up for it in the last month of pregnancy and got back into my love of cooking.
Perhaps i will set myself a new cooking goal for 2011?
My Christmas baking is coming along well, my plum pudding turned out great, now to resist eating it! Heres a pic, i got the recipe from http://www.simplesavings.com.au/ one of my fave sites. It cooked in the slowcooker for around 5.5hours on high.
Will go well with the brandy sauce and icecream on Christmas day! Please let me know if u'd like the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment